People often ask why write. Writers at heart will tell you, "I can't help it." I love to write. Also, most writers love to read as well. Many also do a fair bit of traveling inwardly through imagination and outwardly around the globe. The one thing that is constant is writing.
1. Write--Funny, but you have to start.
2. Stay attuned to your environment.
3. Be an active listener.
4. Brain storm ideas
5. See Writer's Block as a creative stepping stone, and do something different for awhile (if you write prose, try poetry; go to writing workshops, attend a play, go to a musical concert, visit a museum; but, bring your notepad or device with you to record ideas).
6. Carry something with you to track you ideas (text yourself if you have to, so the thought is captured).
7. Please do not wait until the perfect moment to write.
Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas